Sponsors

* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

* Photo Size

Please keep photo sizes to  

640 x480 

* Calendar

Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28

* Choose a Theme

* Statistic

• *Total Members: 172
  • *Latest: jones

• *Total Posts: 43736
  • *Total Topics: 5279
  • *Online Today: 22
  • *Most Online: 116
(11 July, 2013, 06:51:32 AM)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 17
  • *Total: 17

Author Topic: Spider service at the Motodoctor  (Read 919 times)

James99

Spider service at the Motodoctor
« on: 24 May, 2016, 01:55:46 PM »
We moved to Brisbane from Perth in October last year, loving the curves here, and it was time for the 25000 k service on my RSS.  I emailed a dealer and had a base quote of $970, with no explanation of what work was to be done.

So I went in search of alternatives and ended up at the Motodoctor in Hillcrest.  Service, replaced brake master cylinder caps which were weeping and a new left front fitted and alignment checked (no adjustment needed) for under half the dealer quote.  The machine is running beautifully and on a ride to Murwillimbah via Nerang, handled wonderfully.

So, there is an alternative to big dealers if you don't want to DIY.  And the guy's name is Atilla.  Even cooler!

Offline Pogo

• Global Moderator
  • If it ain't fun, I don't do it.
    • The Pogoblog
Re: Spider service at the Motodoctor
« Reply #1 on: 05 July, 2016, 08:36:10 PM »
We moved to Brisbane from Perth in October last year, loving the curves here, and it was time for the 25000 k service on my RSS.  I emailed a dealer and had a base quote of $970, with no explanation of what work was to be done.

So I went in search of alternatives and ended up at the Motodoctor in Hillcrest.  Service, replaced brake master cylinder caps which were weeping and a new left front fitted and alignment checked (no adjustment needed) for under half the dealer quote.  The machine is running beautifully and on a ride to Murwillimbah via Nerang, handled wonderfully.

So, there is an alternative to big dealers if you don't want to DIY.  And the guy's name is Atilla.  Even cooler!

Glad you found a good alternative. There is a growing number, and they seem to get better reports than the 'official' service agents.

Pogo.
2008 SE5 GS - Lola
Mastad screen, Givi panniers,
Ikon shocks all round,
Classic towbar,
MMG rear shock sock,
Homebuilt front shock socks,
Hindle exhaust,
Falken ZIEX ZE912 rear tyre,
Kumho Solus front tyres,
Signature sway bar (Brilliant!),
Noboot Alloy skid plate (solid),
Tripod toweyez kit,
Tripod hand brake (Awesome!),
Pogotronics trailer lights isolator,
Pogotronics reverse light switch box,
Pogotronics LED brake/tail light kit.

If it ain't fun, I don't do it.

Offline Snagglepuss

Re: Spider service at the Motodoctor
« Reply #2 on: 13 August, 2016, 03:25:12 PM »
Recently to my ST-S SE5 to the Motodoctor for its yearly service and so far the work done seems to be fine. I've nothing against the dealers, apart from cost, but getting to and from them was becoming a logistical nightmare. Having someone within walking distance solved a lot of problems. Having the work done properly and at around half the cost of the dealer, gotta be happy with that.